Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Revolution Born

I'm not one to really get into politics on my blog but I do feel the need to express from my heart my feelings as to what is going on in the Middle East right now.

TD said it so well when speaking about the situation overseas. "You can only go so long beating a dog before the dog will turn on it's owner and finally bite him back."

So much criticism and yet the same amount of support is currently underway for the situation in Egypt and in the ME. Many don't understand what is going on and why international politics seem to be infused within it. The reason why is there is a lot at stake in this situation. With Tunisia that was a breath of fresh air for them, many of the Arab leaders and the total world around had their eyes open because in that revolution and moment, the ground shook and control is starting to fall and allies links are being broken. Within the Arab world because of the new generation growing up change is to be expected, the opinions of our fathers are not the same as what we grow up with and having first hand seen the conditions when I was in the middle east in late 2009 with TD, I don't understand why this didn't happen sooner.

When a people are oppressed by the policies of a dictator and their economy becomes stagnate, jobs are hard to find and inflation on consumables, gas and everything else from a hurt economy causes people to seek for change and you get what we are currently transfixed with. Here in our homeland we see it every 4 years we elect a President. Overspending of budgets or unnecessary corruption give us cause to boot him out and seek something fresh with the promise of change and lots of band-aids. I mean the very foundations of our country were based on an uprising against an iron-fisted monarchy which turned into a revolution of independence and a Constitution of freedoms and liberties which were born.

It's no different overseas, this is their revolution, this is their power of speech and their fight for freedom. It just took a small country and a belief by it's people to make a foundation for the first rock too be thrown. .

So TD and I's plans for going back to the Middle East and our second home in Jordan for spring/summer have been put on hold until we see what happens with this unrest. (just to update he didn't MATCH **Bummer** and is currently working on Post-MATCH **High Hopes**)

TD does have family in Egypt and many of them are in Alexandria. He was able to contact them when the phone lines were open again and they are OK just locked up within their house to protect it from looters and only leaving if absolutely necessary. They couldn't comment on what was going on outside because of the lack of time but it's good to know they are OK because I especially love his Aunt, she calls me Apple Cheeks :-p

So finally what I wanted to do is ask everyone to keep those in these countries who are fighting for their freedoms from being oppressed in your prayers.  No matter what side of the line you are on, if you were in their same position we would fight just as we did 200 years ago in this country.

Here are just a few pictures from my husbands country of Jordan in downtown Amman..Funny I always had to do some SERIOUS shopping on this street when we were there. (It was crowded then too :-p)


Pictures via AP News

                                                      Picture via Facebook

2 comments:

lilabraga said...

they are on my prayers everyday!!
May God help them to get their freedom!
xoxo

Alex said...

I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this info for my mission.
Mba Essay Service